All that paragliding can make you hungry. Here are some places to eat in Bir
Restaurants in Bir Tibetan Colony
- Blue Umbrella Indian meals right near landing and hangout to the PG-Gurukal team link
- Hotel Surya serves some of the best Indian meals in the Tibetan Colony and has WiFi.
- Norling (a.k.a. “Garden Café) serves the best traveler food (pasta, salads, etc.) in the colony.
- Friends Cafe does good thenthuk (Tibetan noodle soup with veggies) and decent momos.
- Little Places: There are three tiny hole-in-the-wall restaurants just a few steps west of the Hotel Surya where you can find good momos, parathas, and simple Indian meals.
Restaurants in Upper Bir
- Four Tables: Run by an Indian from Germany who cooks very well. Moved a bit above town, and likely you’ll need a taxi to find it, at least the fist time.
- Lhakpa Café in the main bazaar of Upper Bir serves tasty veg momos, but they usually run out around 1:00pm so get there early.
- Bhawani Guest House, near the west end of Bir serves a wide variety of healthy and delicious food, but order in advance.
- Panditji, just west of the main intersection in Upper Bir, makes good samosas and pakoras in his shop (not signposted), and is a gentle and warm spirit.
Restaurants in the Western Outskirts of Bir
- Ekant Homestay has a very good cook who has traveled extensively (in Ghornala Village, north of the road that goes between Bir and Sherab Ling).
- Sherab Ling Monastery has a simple restaurant that gets mixed reports.